The 2022 Telematics Use and Trends study examines who is using telematics devices and how fleet decision makers choose technology and use the information it generates. It found that fleets are using information from telematics devices in several ways, from increasing productivity and improving maintenance tracking, to reducing their fuel spend.
Learn more about how fleets are using telematics and what factors influence their device selection.
"With an increased focus on technology, the whole digital experience becomes more crucial. Solutions need to be simple to use and intuitive. People want to know what critical information they need to act on."
- Larger fleets, and those with more complex business operations, are adopting telematics devices at a higher rate than small fleets.
- Fleets covering more territory are more likely to use telematics than fleets with coverage in just one territory.
- Two-thirds of decision makers said they shop telematics solutions across multiple providers, with larger fleets appearing to weigh their options more carefully than small and medium fleets.
- Cost is among the most important factor influencing purchasing decisions. Decision makers also look at ease of installation and feature availability.
- More than three-fourths of fleets – 75% – share telematics data with at least one fleet management service provider.
Download 2022 Telematics Use and Trends.
Thank you for your request.
You will soon receive a confirmation email with a link to download your copy of 2022 Telematics Use and Trends.
Leasing BenefitsLease vs. OwnReduce RiskManage CostEfficient OperationsComplianceFuel ManagementChoose the Right TrucksBranded Vehicles
For assistance with other Penske services, please use the numbers below.