READING, Pa., June 28, 2006 - Today, Penske Truck Leasing issued the following statement regarding its Reading, Pa. District location and the flooding in that area:
- Penske Truck Leasing is fully operational and in control of the situation impacting its Reading District facility, customers and employees.
- Effective 10 p.m., June 27, 2006, Penske has temporarily closed its Reading District facility, which leases, rents, maintains, and repairs trucks, due to local flooding.
- We began evacuating our Reading District facility along the riverfront last night (June 27, 2006) around 5 p.m. by moving trucks, equipment and our employees to higher ground and alternate locations.
- Penske's Reading customers have been redirected to its location in Leesport, Pa. located on Route 61. Penske also has additional facilities its customers may use in Allentown, Lancaster, Harrisburg and Pottsville.
- Penske customers with questions on where to go should they need assistance in the Reading area should call our 24/7 SOS Department at 1-800-526-0798.
- The majority of our Reading District employees have been temporarily assigned to our Leesport, Pa. facility. This impacts approximately 60 employees.
- Current situation: As of noon June 28, 2006, we were experiencing approximately 5 to 6 feet of water inside our Reading District facility. Based on weather reports higher water levels are expected. We are unable to provide an estimate or comment on the extent of the damages to our facility at this time.
- Penske Truck Leasing employs approximately 1,300 people in Berks County.
- Penske will provide updates to this information as the situation develops.
- Penske Truck Leasing's corporate headquarters was not impacted by the flooding and is fully operational.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P. is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, the company operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from over 1,000 locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Penske Truck Leasing's annual revenue is approximately U.S. $3.8 billion. The company employs over 20,000 associates worldwide.