READING, Pa., – April 2, 2019 – Penske Truck Leasing will highlight its place as an emerging technology leader at this year's Advanced Clean Transportation Expo in Long Beach, California. ACT Expo will be April 23-26 at the Long Beach Convention Center. In addition to Penske's electric vehicle fleet being on display—the Freightliner eM2 and FUSO eCanter—there will be several company leaders appearing on panels. Penske will be an exhibitor and is a Presenting Sponsor.
Penske Truck Leasing is a member of the Charging Interface Initiative (CharIN), a global industry alliance focused on promoting Combined Charging System (CCS) as the world standard for charging all electric vehicles.
Penske is an industry leader in the areas of spec'ing, operating and maintaining fleets of traditionally fueled vehicles as well as alternative-fueled vehicles that includes natural gas, propane, electric and diesel-electric hybrids. Penske Truck Leasing is an affiliate partner in the U.S. EPA SmartWay program and Penske Logistics is a partner in the trucking carrier and logistics categories. Penske Truck Leasing is also an affiliate partner in the Canada SmartWay Transport Partnership, administered by Natural Resources Canada.
The ACT Expo panels that Penske will be a part of:
- Connected Vehicle Technology Workshop 2.0, April 23: Sherry Sanger, senior vice president of marketing, will deliver the keynote address and delve into the company's rapid progression with connected fleet solutions. The workshop has three sessions.
- Workforce Development Workshop Part 1: Best Practices for Successfully Integrating Alternative Fuels and Advanced Technologies into Your Fleet, April 23: Mike Hasinec, vice president of maintenance, will offer best practices on the company's long record of accomplishment in successfully integrating a wide array of alternative fuel vehicles into one of the industry's largest transportation fleets.
- Battery Technology Workshop, Part 1: Assessing the Current State of EV Battery Technologies, April 23: Craig Sieber, manager of new products, will be among the panelists discussing what companies like Penske look for when spec'ing batteries for a commercial electric vehicle fleet.
- Women in ACT: Implementing Innovation with a Diverse Workforce, April 24: Sanger will highlight company best practices in the area of women in the workforce.
- General Session: The State of Alternative Fuels and Connected Tech, April 24: Paul Rosa, senior vice president of procurement and fleet planning, will appear on a panel following the conference's keynote address by Roger Nielsen, president and CEO of Daimler Trucks North America. Rosa will discuss strategies when integrating alternative fuel vehicles into the company's fleet.
- EV Charging Infrastructure Workshop I - Planning for EV Charging Solutions in Fleet Operations, April 25: Sean Yentsch, director of facilities, will talk about Penske's challenges in building its own fleet electrification network and making use of a growing charging infrastructure.
- EV Charging Infrastructure Workshop IV: Mobile, Wireless & Automated Charging, April 25: A group of industry experts -- moderated by Drew Cullen, senior vice president of fuels and facility services—will highlight available mobile and temporary EV charging solutions while the permanent infrastructure is being constructed.
Celebrating its 50th year in business, Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 308,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,100 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit https://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.